Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dogs chase cats...

and sometimes the cats don't get away. Shayna chased a trio of cats out of our yard today, but one pretty grey cat didn't make it over the fence and got caught. It fought back before I could get in to break it up. Shayna is now (and it's all my fault for letting her out there in the first dang place) bleeding from several puncture wounds caused by the cat. One hole is in her face, one on the top of her head, and her ear is pretty chewed up. I am feeling pretty guilty for letting her out there and yet, she did her job keeping the yard clear of unwanted animals. I just never expect the cat to not get away and I never expected Shayna to actually catch it. I'm feeling pretty bad about the whole thing. I didn't want the cat to get hurt either...just didn't want him hanging around my yard and pooping in my grass and dirt...and bringing his fleas around...and....

Hope it heals without infection.

On the bright side, I found my camera! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ahhh...poor kitty...poor doggie. I know how you feel. Don't be hard on yourself...it happens! At least she's ok...said your blog today!
Happy Valentines day!