Tuesday, October 10, 2006

CONGRATS JUDY AND GARY

Congratulations to Judy and Gary and all of the other 12,000 participants of the Inaugural Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon in San Jose! Judy and Gary completed the 13.1 mile race in just under 3 hours! ROCK ON!

As I posted previously, I was planning to join Judy in this race, but since decided I didn't have time to train. I was clearly right, but it turns out that a sneaky twist (get it...twist) of fate determined that even if I did train, I would not race on Sunday. I sprained my left ankle stepping off the curb (right into a @#$%^ing pothole) in front of my in-law's house Saturday night. I was hoping that it wasn't broken and x-rays Sunday morning assured me of that. But, the sprain was so bad that I couldn't put any weight on it at all. The crutches however were WAY more painful than the sprain (after several hours at the marathon rooting on Judy and Gary and hanging out for music and then lunch). I decided that I could walk (very carefully) and to Pittsburgh with those dang crutches! :)

Anyway, it's much better now even if it is still a bit swollen and hurts if I bend, twist, or move my foot in any way. :)

I'm on for next year's 1/2 marathon. I will start training as soon as I am able to fully walk again.

No comments: