Saturday, December 16, 2006

Flat Tire

Nope...not the beer. On the car! We had a busy day fixing it too! Started off the day going to visit Grandma Tess at work so we could drop off the concert tickets with her. One the way there, the tire went flat. Called AAA when we got there and they were going to be 45 minutes or so. Now, I probably COULD have changed the tire myself, but 1) I've never had to change a tire before and I wasn't entirely sure knew how or had the strength to do it properly and 2) let's face it! That's why I pay membership to AAA.

So, there I was freezing my butt off waiting for the guy to come change my tire. The kids were off playing with Grandma Tess and eventually heading to the cafeteria for an unplanned lunch stop. And, the guy shows up. YAY! He changed the tire and the spare was flat too. Yep...flat! So, I'm thinking," Good thing I didn't try to do this myself or we would be here all day!" And, he pumps the tire up with air and we are ready to go. Now, why don't I have an air-pumper coming out of the hood of my car? Because when would anyone need that? TODAY! :)

I decided that after our impromptu lunch, we were going to the tire place to get the tire fixed. I tried to think of a good reason to delay doing it (out of pure laziness) but there was too much driving to be done last night to put it off. I took the non-freeway route all the way across town to the shop where I got the tires. Took me about half an hour to get there. And then, it took them about 1 1/2 hours to get to the car and tell me they couldn't repair the tire and they just replaced it. PHEW! That was a long outing for such little reward!

On the plus-side, my choir performed the first of two concerts last night and it was quite an enjoyable experience. I am tired, but hopefully today will prove restful and tonight will be another good concert. Mom, Dad, Dave and the kids will be there tonight along with some other familiar faces. Hope they don't make me nervous! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I always tell Joe he needs to let me change the tire just to do it so that IF I need to I can. You just never know when you'll be out of cell phone reach from AAA and stranded! Glad you had no big problems with it!

Violet the Verbose said...

I read your preceeding post a while back but something must have distracted me from commenting. You look FABULOUS, dahlink, not slutty! I'm glad you and Dave had a fun night away. Looks like a great time! And oooh, the pictures are so pretty. Will we get to see the DT pictures when they're done too? BTW, THANK YOU so much for ordering toys for me at such late notice... they showed up just a couple days later, in plenty of time for our family get-together! YAY!

Sucks about the flat tire. Gah. That would stress me out something fierce. I'm glad it all worked out well.

Have a great concert tonight! What fun!