Friday, March 02, 2007

Now that the flood has past....

I am back online! My computer suffered minor damage in the flood this week. What's that? Oh, yes...the flood. Well, Jayden had a cup of water at my desk and he spilled it; refilled it; spilled it again; found a spray bottle with more water and decided to use it to "clean" and thus...the flood. My desk was floating; the floor was squishy; Dave's desk was wet; and the kitchen floor was so deep with water that there were fish and a diving board for swimming! Ok..I might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but not a whole lot! All in all, the only equipment we had to replace was the keyboards for both my computer and Dave's. AND, it helped me clean up my desk...so...maybe it wasn't all bad..............................

Ok..yes it was! I nearly lost all control of my temper. But, I called Dave; took deep breaths; cleaned with deliberate moves; and totally calmed down before I addressed my bewildered tot with what he did and why it was wrong and what his consequences were for doing it. YAY ME! :)

Of course, it was all my fault in the first place. I gave him the cup to drink from. I left the spray bottle in sight and reach. AND, I left him alone long enough to cause a problem while I was putting Eliana down for a nap which took FOREVER because I am working on weaning her. I think we should be done with it by next week! Again, YAY ME! :)

No comments: