Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just a quickie!

I know I said I was going to do this more often, but then life got away from me again!!! Anyway, Monday we took the kids up to the houseboat to enjoy some quiet family time. The highlights....

Jayden LOVED fishing with Daddy and caught his very first fish. I'm not sure if the experience was quite what he expected, but he was thrilled to have caught the fish and just as thrilled that Dave released it back into the lake. Ellie was very curiou

s about the whole thing until the hooked fish flipped and splattered her with water. After that, she retreated to the stairs to wait for the fishy-release.

Eliana's highlight...she learned that she could float/swim in the lake with her life-vest on all by herself. Essentially, she didn't have to hang on to a grown-up with every fiber of her being. She loved her newfound freedom. At one point, she was so ready to hit the water, she was climbing down the ladder all by herself, no one in the water waiting for her, and no vest on!! ACK!!! Good thing we caught her!

Here's some pics from the trip.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow...that's a hell of a big fish he caught...very manly of him. Good Job Jayden!!!
Ellie is too cute with her curley hair and ice cream. And you!!! You're pregnant and still skinnier than me. You look fabulouse. I miss you!!!