Monday, September 01, 2008

Lazy weekend

Our first "school year" weekend has been very relaxing so far. In fact, yesterday's major accomplishment was a trip to the market! Yep!! That's it! We made it a family trip and spent (unbelievably) less than I normally do when I go by myself! Usually Dave is a major impulse shopper, but yesterday, he pretty well stuck to the list and not much else. I was surprised. No doubt, I'll have to go back in the next couple of days to pick up dinner things like veggies, etc. But, even still....it was nice not to have to do all that by myself.

The trip must have worn me out, because after lunch we all sat down to watch Mythbusters (yep...love that show) and I fell soundly asleep. Must have been an hour later, I woke dripping in sweat! TMI...I know. Pregnancy though....the good with the bad right?! So, fanning myself off with my T, Dave snaps a couple of shots like this:



Gotta just love these shots that show off the absolute ENORMITY of how I feel! He could have warned me to at least comb my hair first!


In the meantime, we bought a Wii last week and the kid were playing Mario driving games. Not too long after the picture above, we get a holler from Jayden, "Ellie's alseep!" And sure enough:
She fell asleep right there in the chair playing Wii with Jayden. Isn't she cute?

She dropped her controller on the floor and didn't even budge when Dave carried her off to bed for a little nap. Jayden however:
Continued right on playing. Isn't he a doll?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Too cute. Ellie sleeping like that. You look great by the way!