Sunday, November 09, 2008

Great Grossities of Childhood

Among the first great grossities (yep...made that word up, I think) of childhood is the umbilical cord. Even grosser than it's dried stuck-on existance, is the falling off of said cord. Today, Janea's cord fell off. Dave did not tell me this in so many words, but instead, offered something from his hand to me in that close-fisted sort of way that makes you stick your hand out to receive the gift even though you don't know what it is. I was totally grossed out when he handed me the cord. I was like "what am I supposed to do with it?" He said to toss it, but not before we take pictures of it. PICTURES!! Of the dead fallen off cord stump!!! GROSS!!!!! When he took pictures of Jayden's cord, it was a novelty (and I wasn't nearby). When he took pictures of Ellie's cord, I was not surprised, but still not around. This time, he did it right in front of me...while I was HOLDING the disgusting little thing!

Anyone want to see them? I thought not, but here's a picture of the cutie it came from! :)



2 comments:

Julie said...

She's just so pretty already!

I must be a sicko...I kept Rebecca's cord and its in a ziplock baggie in her first year box! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, we're like Julie too. I still have Kayleigh's! I must have Ry's somewhere. Same with Jacob. Precious picture :)!