Monday, February 13, 2006

No-News is Boring.

Today we had our first real outing since I got the cold from hell. I am still a bit congested and have a headache for the third (or fourth) day in a row, but we needed to get out and I couldn't just keep hiding Jayden inside. He needs to get out among his peeps if you know what I mean! :)

So we had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. As usual, we passed an enormous amount of time lollygagging over a myriad of foods only a few of which actually got eaten. But, Jayden suprised me and ate more vegetables than I have ever seen him eat! He dipped them all in ranch dressing which, as some of you may know, is his favorite way of eating absolutely everything! What really surprised me, though, was that as soon as we got out of the car, he was asking for the ice cream....but, when he finally got it, he took 2 bites and was done! I think he was just enjoying being with the other kids so much that he didn't want to waste time eating anymore.

I relished this opportunity of going out to get Eliana dressed up in a cute little denim dress that I bought her at Osh Kosh on Friday....ok, I went shopping on Friday, so today was a second outing for us. She was STYLIN' in her new duds and her StrideRite shoes! Yes, I finally did it! I spent the money to buy the expensive shoes! But, in my defense, they were on 50% off sale and I bought her a size too big so they can wear them longer! Also, my MIL paid for Ellie's shoes and I paid for Jayden's. That was a convincer too...I would not have bought them both shoes there even at those prices! Maybe when they are older and will stay in the same size for a year or so, but not now!

Speaking of fashion, you may have noticed that I added a new link to the link list. PoisonedSweets is a friend of mine and she has the coolest clothes. I am not sure I would wear them if I had the body it takes to pull them off, but I wouldn't know where to buy 'em anyway. I just think some of them are great and then again...some of them are so out there, I wonder what she was thinking! :)

Until next time...

No comments: