Monday, October 17, 2005

Pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins galore!


Today we went to the pumpkin patch with some mommy friends and their kids. We had a great time! We saw a little movie on how pumpkins grow; rode a train--TWICE; got lost (literally) in the corn stalk maze; and picked out a pumpkin to bring home to Daddy. Jayden ran through the maze so fast, that Ellie and I lost him. He actually ran through a second time (thanks to one of the moms we were with) and we caught up to him...well he caught us when he exited the second time.

True to form, Ellie slept through the whole day. I am not complaining at all. It was nice to be able to spend the time with Jayden enjoying the events with him and just carrying her around. When she is older next year and can enjoy the activities herself, it will be a lot more fun. Besides that, I am hoping that Jayden will be more attentive to my instructions next year and I won't lose him in the corn maze.



We are finally making progress on the kitchen. We bought the tile for the countertops today. Ok...WE didn't buy the tile. I picked out which of the samples we brought home that I liked best, and DAVE bought the tile. Apparently it took a long time to get it. So, while I was having fun with the kids at the pumpkin patch, Dave was stuck in a hot, crowded, dusty warehouse buying our tile. Poor Davey!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jayden looks so cute! Wished we were there to enjoy the pumkin patch with y'all!