Thursday, March 09, 2006

It was a cold day in hell!

Yep! Yep! The bad news continues here at Lake Stahl. Well, it's not all bad. Dave managed to fix the kitchen sink and we have agreed to move in with my parents. So that's the good part. But, because we have dilly-dallied so much on the work we are doing, our permit expired. We are supposed to have an inspection at least once every 180 days in order to keep the permit active. But, Dave in his infinite wisdom, tried to save money and wanted them to inspect it all at once (it costs $100 every time they come out) and he waited too long. So, Dave has to go downtown tomorrow and renew the permit then get an inspector out here. In the meantime, we need to pack to move out.

In other news, I went to the park today thinking that it would be nice to get some fresh air and let Jayden run around a bit. Well, the fresh air was nice, but GOOD GOD IT WAS COLD! And, to top off my day, I took a wrong step and twisted my knee. I am in a lot of pain right now, but it seems to be subsiding throughout the day and I suspect it will disipate altogether in the next couple of days.

Enough of today's episode of "You're in hell and you can't get out!" Tune in next time and find out if the Stahl family can find the hidden escape pod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope we didn't jinx you all!! hoping this morning finds your leg better.