Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Today is my baby's first birthday. I've spent the whole day remembering exactly what we were doing at this hour last year. It was a lot of fun to recall how we spent her first day, who came by to visit, how little she was then versus how big she is now, and mostly, I've been thinking about how much we have both changed and grown in the last year--more she than me, though! :)

As I type, I am watching her try really hard to play with her big brother (who I might add has also changed a great deal since meeting his sister for the first time last year). She is just starting to walk but chooses to crawl. She is not as strong as Jayden is (obviously) so she is easily scared and frustrated by his method of play. Right now the game is "hide under the big cardboard box". Since she can not get out from under the box, she doesn't really like that game. But, she still wants to play with him....and he, her! :)

It is a happy day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! They just grow so fast! That's great they are playing together!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie! Sounds like a good day. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It seems like yesterday that Julie and I came to see sweet baby girl in the hospital. Wishing her all the best on her first Birthday!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday baby girl! WOW...1 year old! You'll be up walking and talking and bossing your brother around before you know it! Kisses from us!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.