Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ellie gets her teeth fixed

TODAY! I couldn't be more upset about this! I'm not upset that she is getting her teeth fixed, but the dentist Dave is taking her to wants to put stainless steel caps on her FRONT teeth! Since when are we so GHETTO that we can't figure out how to preserve appearances with tooth colored caps or fillings?????? I'm disturbed by the whole damned thing and feel like I am failing in parenthood. :( How can I possibly think that I should be bringing ANOTHER child into this world, when I clearly can't take care of the ones I already have? HOLY CRAP!! I'm as bad as Octomom! On the bright side, Ellie is finally going to be cavity-free for the first time in more than 2 years. It was while we were sitting in the hospital after her tonsillectomy that I first noticed the decay on her lower front teeth. I didn't know what a can of worms we would be dealing with when I first saw that. It makes me sad and angry and heartbroken all at the same time. :( No wonder it's 5AM and I am up already!!

The other thing on my mind is how sad it is that my dear friend is torn up about the school she has to send her daughter to this fall. She tried to get a transfer to our school, but really ended up in the ghetto of all schools in our district. She found out YESTERDAY--the week before school starts--that they have a "common dress" policy to prevent the girls from being slutty and the boys from having their clothes fall off and the gangs out of the classroom. The sad thing about this is that she is sending her daughter to KINDERGARTEN!! I am horrified to think of my children having to deal with all that crap at their ages! Maybe she is right to move to Indiana and live near her family. I'm thinking we should be moving out of the big city, too. I wonder if Dave would ever consider it.

Clearly my imagination is working overboard right now. If only I could go back to sleep for an hour or two so I could be fresh when I have a house full of moms and their kids later......

No comments: